Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Celestia!


The first polish from the Equestria collection that I tried was Celestia. Originally I painted about five layers of it over "blank" nails, thinking I would just build it up to be opaque. Honestly? It was very pretty! Super shimmery, even in low light, and dare I say...possibly work appropriate? However, painting my nails in my bedroom's crappy lighting at night wasn't the best thing, as I noticed lots of bare spots and streaks. I don't blame this on the polish, I blame it on bad lighting!

So, the next day I started over. 

I realized that Celestia works better as a layering polish for me (though I still think it's pretty worn alone!) and decided to give it a go over OPI's "Into The Night" from the Amazing Spider-Man collection. 

This photo is after about four days of wear. Barely a chip! 

Not the best photo representation, but...it's pretty! My camera couldn't quite capture how shiny and just glow-y it is when layered over Into The Night. I've had this on my nails for about four or five days now, and aside from some normal wear at the tips, both are holding up rather nicely. Usually layered polish comes exploding off my nails at this point.

Check out the Equestria collection here! I'll be posting the next swatch soon. :)

- LZ

No comments:

Post a Comment