Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I have seen the glittering light...

"Oh, hey, seems like I got a package in the mail today..."


What could it be? WHAT'S IN THE BOX?


BAM! GLITTER!

Pure awesome in a bottle. Sparkling amazingness. Captured samples of various Unicorn bodily fluids (okay, I went too far). I can come up with about a million different adjectives to describe Rainbow Honey's Equestria collection, but I'll refrain. I first heard of this brand and polish through one of the many nail blogs I follow, and upon seeing The Worst Possible Thing layered over black, I knew I had to have it. Had being in all capital letters and italicized of course. HAD to have it! (

Normally when I see swatches of amazing "indie" nail polishes, about 87% of the time when I go to the online shop, they are sold out, the price is a bit too steep for my budget that day, or there is some other reason stopping me from buying right there and then. However this time the stars must have been aligned correctly, as I had the means to purchase and it was all in stock! Initially I was going to only purchase The Worst Possible Thing and maybe 20% Cooler, but curiosity got the best of me and I started checking out swatches of the rest of the colors. 


Mare of the Moon reminded me of those glass glitter wands from childhood, what with the little moon sparkles, so I was also sold on that one. Pinkie Promise? I don't have enough pink, so I was sold on that too. Long story short, I was coming up with reasons as to why I had to have ALL of the colors. Upon realizing I could buy a set of the smaller bottles, well I went and bought them!

(l-r, Hoof Wrassle, Celestia, Mare of the Moon, and A Little Kindness)

LOOK AT THEM! 

(l-r, 20% Cooler, The Element of Magic, Pinkie Promise, The Worst Possible Thing)

I am in love with these! You can find the whole set here as well as some other collections. I'll be swatching (and possibly posting) these soon! 

And for what I'm wearing on my nails right now? Maybelline Color Show "Twilight Rays" (2 coats), Sinful Colors "Nail Junkie" (1 coat), top coat, and a coat of Warpaint Beauty "Mattify" to up the awesome a bit. It's like a galaxy. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment